The Gurmat school aims to create a strong and empowered community that promotes education and inspiration in young people through the Sikh values taught by Guru. At our Gurdwara sahib, we strive to tailor our approach to each individual student's needs, fostering an environment of respect, responsibility, and community engagement..
The purpose of education in our school system is to instill in our children a deep understanding of the teachings and principles of the Gurus. We achieve this objective through a carefully crafted curriculum that emphasizes the following key areas:
- The punjabi curriculum aims to impart knowledge of the gurmkhi script and guru’s shabad.
- Gurmat curriculum focuses on imparting knowledge of Sikh history and Gurbani.
- Providing an opportunity for young children with a passion and aptitude for Gurbani Kirtan to learn and appreciate the art form, allowing them to continue to nurture and preserve the gurmat-sangeet tradition.
- The Annual Gurmat camps serve as a tangible representation of Sikh way of life, where we have the opportunity to put our beliefs into action through selfless service (seva)
- Public speaking remains a vital component of the gurmat school curriculum as it lays the foundation for building self-assurance in our youth and developing leadership abilities
“Our goal is to cultivate students who possess a strong sense of Sikh cultural pride, possess a positive Sikh-identity, and lead a virtuous lifestyle as they mature into young Gur-Sikh adults.”
Principal Gurmat School